Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ways to save money

1. cut back to basic cable or cancel cable
2. eat dinner at Sam's - $2.49 each!
3. adjust cell phone and eliminate unused minutes
4. put 10% of income into savings
5. stop eating out (almost)
6. drink water
7. downgrade your coffee (it makes you smarter)
8. take your own coffee cup to QT
9. always run you debit card as credit ~this will save by protecting your transactions
10. restaurants with discounts:
a. Firehouse Subs - Sundays, kids eat free
b. Shane's - Wednesdays, kids eat free; 10% on Sunday with church bulletin
c. Fuddreckers - 10% on Sunday with church bulletin
d. IHOP - kids eat free after 4:00 on weekdays
11. AT&T is running a special for $10 per month DSL
12. couponmom.com
13. zennioptical.com ($7-$10 eyeglasses)


Follow along each week for more updates, and please feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Happy Saving!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you...I really look forward to participating now and continuing this blog after we finish class...I can't wait to see the resource list! :) I've been sharing with family and friends the wonderful short and long term value of this great class :)

    Nathan, a big "Thank You" for being a great Facilitator! :D

    Sandy Perez-Ochoa
    678-469-8210

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way for us to share our thoughts and ideas! I have enjoyed the class so much and have already made big adjustments in my finances. Thank you Nathan for facilitating this class. Also, just wanted to share that I was able to cut my home phone (AT&T) bill almost in half by just calling them and adjusting some things. They seem to be having a special on internet rates now, even for existing customers, that will shave your monthly bill significantly. I am actually having fun and making a game out of seeing how I can creatively shave my monthly bills...so far I'm at $50+ and still counting! woohoo!!

    Grace Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete